Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Jersey Boys...the film based on the musical



Jersey Boys, the movie based on the Tony award winning Broadway musical, is a must see! Whether you grew up with the Four Seasons or you are a fan of the musical, you have got to check out this film. John Lloyd Young plays Frankie Valli but not only does he play the part in the film but he made his Broadway debut in the role when the musical opened on Broadway in 2005.  He also won the Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical for this role in 2006. Needless to say his voice was my favorite part of the film. I first saw the musical Jersey Boys in the West End in London. I thoroughly enjoyed the music so when I heard they were making a movie based the musical I knew I had to see it. Plus, with Clint Eastwood directing I knew it would be good. So last week on opening day I took my parents, who had never seen the musical but loved the music of the Four Seasons, to see the film. Though it seemed a bit long at over 2 hours it was incredible. The music was spectacular and the acting was right there with it. The actors were believable and played off each other well. But what really made the day special was that my dad really enjoyed it. He’s from that generation and hearing those songs again made him light up. This movie is definitely going under the tree for him this Christmas. This film is full of heart, heartbreak and music. So if you have not seen this movie you should. You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment